Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The ex-Actor & the Hippie Witch (Our Story Part 3)


One of the things that I didn't know was that I was SUPER messed up. (That may seem obvious , but I was clueless.) I was hurting. I was self medicating with numerous drugs. I was so empty inside and scared to face it that I was stoned or worse most of the time. Another thing that I didn't know was that at Doe Bay there was a repetitive cycle of people turning on one another. Things would be great for awhile, but as Winter approached all hell would break loose. The biggest thing I didn't know was that I was taking my first steps towards my Destiny.


Paula, the 5'5", brown haired, green eyed girl, was the key stone in my future history. As we started hanging out together, I started to find a friend. Someone who liked my crazy, adventures ideas. Someone who thought my writing was good. A person who seemed be a mix of laid back and charged up. Half woman, half magic.


She was a nomad, having just returned from a desert journey to clean up from meth. A hippie chick with funk in her soul. A worshiper of the moon who could see the supernatural. A blend of Wicca and wild. She was on a spiritual journey following Bachas, the Greek God of wine, and Diana the Moon Goddess. She was fun and free spirited. What she wanted more than anything was to have a baby, but she had been through some serious medical procedures recently, and the doctors had told her she would never have children. Having been told she would never be a Mother, she set out to prove those Doctors wrong. She was going to have a baby, one way or another.


So there we were. An ex actor from New York, who was running from everything. And a hippie chick witch, trying to find someone to sire her child, which the Doctors said she couldn't have. Believe it or not, she looked at me and thought I would be a good candidate. (She says she thought I had a good gene pool) And believe it or not, I said I would help her try. So she moved into my cabin. We started playing house and working on being dysfunctional, and we were doing a great job.


Thanksgiving came and went. The weather started getting colder as Christmas approached. Paula and I were starting to see the first signs of the break down of relationships that Doe Bay had seen time and again. She went home for Christmas and in true dysfunctional fashion, while she was gone, I started to miss her and fall in love with her. A whole week and I couldn't wait for her to return.


One afternoon I get a phone call from Texas. It's Paula and she is in a good mood. Call it magic. Call in luck or call it a miracle, but the news from the other end of the line went as follows, " I have something to tell you. I am pregnant." Silence. I was going to be a Father. Just like that. We were going to have a baby.

6 comments:

Beth said...

I love hearing you tell the story of my dear friends falling in love and finding her way home.

Spence Farmer said...

Beth, I am so glad that I'm the one who gets to tell the story.

Anonymous said...

Holy Night! You need to turn this into a one act!

Whitney said...

ummm is there no Part 4?

Spence Farmer said...

Whitneeeeeeey, so good to see your pic and hear from you. Yes there is a part 4 and probably 5, and 6 and who knows how long winded I'll be. Thanks for pushing me forward. So in honor of you...COMING SOON TO A BLOG NEAR YOU PART 4; MEXICO BOUND!

Whitney said...

yayyy =)