Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Time of Thanksgiving


The news came yesterday that we are in trouble with our support. We have been struggling as the dollar falls lower and lower against the euro. Sometimes supporters can not afford to keep up with support. And on top of all that if looks as if our support level has been sitting at about 50% for awhile now. It would be easy for me to write about the bleakness of our situation, but just now out on the patio God showed me his Love and spoke to me of Thanksgiving.

I was starting to spiral into the hopelessness zone. That's the place where you start thinking "What are we going to do? This looks hopeless." Everyone has to deal with this from time to time. Sometimes it's money. Sometimes it's family problems. Sometimes it's just life. Being on the mission field doesn't stop it from happening. So that's where I found my self. That's where I went first thing this morning. Then God stepped in.

He spoke gently. In a way I could understand. Look around he said. Isn't it beautiful. I brought you here. See this appartment you are living in. I gave you that. Look inside see your beautiful kids and their friend Issac I have blessed you with that. Remember how Denny and Maureen were there to comfort you last night. That was me. Notice how even though you have been undersupported you haven't starved. Remember that car acciedent and how your car is getting fixed. Me again. Your friends, the prayer room, people loving you, the wonderful beach, the free coffee maker, the growth of the Matrix, learning to play guitar, the loan of the guitar to play, and so many other things. Do you think I will abandon you now?

The air was cool on the patio. Even knowing that there is alot of work to do to raise our support back up, I was filled with hope. Out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimps of a butterfly. A butterfly three stories up. "Thank you Jesus for the butterfly." My you be blessed and thankful.

2 comments:

Jenelle said...

I just tried to send you guys an email but it bounced. Can you send me a quick email at freshgreenbeans at yahoo dot com so that I can email you what I'm trying to email you? Thanks. love!

Heather Cady said...

We're with you. We get you! We love you, and we're praying.