Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Wash Me in the Water





"I am blessed to baptise you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit." With those words I lowered my daughter into the frigid pool water. Actually I had to push to get her down because she kind of floated.



It had been threating to rain for a few days and I wasn't sure how the weather would be for her baptism. The day was cool, but in the sun it was warm enough. For the last year she has been asking to be baptised. I had told her in the states that we would do it in Portugal. Well here we are in Portugal. For the last month the Lord had been putting a strong need to do baptisms. So I figured this was it. Time for her to get baptised.



I don't know how was more nervouse, her or me. As we stood there at the poolside and I shared how this was her own faith not mine the thing that moved me most was the looks of love and tears on the faces of those who were there to support Eden in this step of faith.



We stepped into the pool and shock waves of cold ran up my spine. (November baptisims. Next time were doing them in Summer.) There we stood. My beautiful daughter and me. This little girl who was brought into this world by two very irresponsible, trippy, freaks. (Maybe I need to share our full story sometime) Looking down at her I realized that God really is in the buisness of life transformation. Our family is a perfect example.



Down under the water, taking her place with Jesus in his death and then back up into Life. Abundant life that is ever lasting. What a joy to be the Father of such a wonderful girl. What a blessing to be the one to baptise her. These are the things that really matter.I truely am a blessed, blessed man. You be blessed too.

11 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations Eden and family. I am so happy to know the God that has taken you and your family on this journey of faith. I am happy to know this family that God has transformed.

Blessings,

Beth Feger

Baba said...

wow, what a nice surprise to see this great new in your blog....send my congratulations to Eden...actually I was just coming here to say thank you to Eden for her comment in my blog :-)
and tell her she 's welcome here anytime...and Noah as well of course...
all of you of course... I still hope next time you do arrive here...
anyway...how is the car now?

O.K. it's my bed time now...
Love you all
PEACE

Laurie said...

Congratulations to all of you! What an awesome moment that must have been especially for you and Eden :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait till Eden starts blogging. This post makes me very, very happy.

Do share your story sometime. Break it up into little parts so you don't put so much pressure on yourself.

Spence Farmer said...

Baba we will be back and I'll pass on the congrats. By the way the car has been running ever sence getting back to Estoril. Plus the side is brand new. Stay warm

Spence Farmer said...

Thanks Laurie. It was awesome.

Spence Farmer said...

Beth, in is an amazing journey. Wouldn't trade it. Even during the hard times.

Spence Farmer said...

Nelly,trying to follow blogger school tips. Thanks for the encouragement. Eden says she's going to start blogging soon. Maybe I'll give her a try here. Your a blessing.

jesus gypsies said...

We were so priviledged to share in this special time in Eden's life and with you guys. BY the way, my friend Lydia and her son Sean were there. I don't know if you noticed them, but they don't yet know Jesus. It was a great thing for them to see and experience. Oh... and when Sean got home, he asked Lydia..."Mommy, was that man in the water God?"

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Spencer totally looks like Jesus in that photo. I'm pretty sure you could sell that to Christian book stores and make bank.

Spence Farmer said...

Way to much pressure to be Jesus. But I like the idea of making some bank right now.