Monday, October 29, 2007

A weeks Worth of Words to Use Up

My blogs have been slow in coming lately and that is a good and bad thing. It is good because I have been busy. It's bad because I feel like I want to keep you up dated on things in our life. If you will forgive me I will jump back about a week and fill in the gaps.

As you know there were huge fires in our home town this last week. I'll be honest I spent a lot of time watching CNN. But before the fire's made everything else in my world feel small, we had gone about an hour North of our house and spent the weekend together as a team. It was a time of planning and rest. A time of prayer and play. A time to reflect together and rejoice together. My top 3 moments were, in this order;

1. Noah getting to help butcher the neighbors pig. ( I will post pics when I get them from Scott)
2. Sunday morning communion with our whole team.
3. An afternoon of fun where visited the largest underground cavern in Portugal.

As is usual now the week was filled with school, drama, meetings and the like. House church was at our place this last weekend, so there was the cleaning frenzy that accompanies that. It is a good thing that we will be grafting off into two groups in a few weeks, because our place , which used to be big enough seems to have shrank. We were fill to capacity. God is faithful! Things are popping here and we are praying that it just keeps coming. We have a weekend of 24/7 prayer in November. So be praying that God will speak to our community in fresh and powerful ways.

On a more personal note, I had my very first strait razor shave today. It was sooooo cool. I had heard that you could get one around here somewhere but I wasn't ever able to find one, till today. And let me tell you it was one of the closest shaves I've ever had. What and experience. Sitting in the chair, while this older Portuguese gentlemen slowly pulls that razor sharp piece of steel across your throat. The short rasping noises of the whiskers being striped away. And the sting of the after shave on that close shave. Smooth as a baby's bottom, and that's no joke.

Ok gotta run. Kids need to do homework and P's down stairs with Berta, our 85 year old neighbor, having afternoon tea. Expect great things from God and Attempt great things for God.
Be Blessed

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

Sure wish I could be there with you in that living room, but will be praying for the house church splice and launch. So excited for your prayer room coming up. Love you guys.