Saturday, October 13, 2007

And there was Evening, and there was Morning

Monday
What happened Monday?
It's like clouds
that were blown
away
over the distant hills
a thought
that eludes
I can't
quite picture it
But I remember I was there.

Then a new morning
the second day
the chaos has form
the light is on my face
as we bow low our hearts
sore and hopeful
before His Majesty
Asking
and waiting
for Divine appointments
Which seemed to involve the side of my car

Arise again
A new day dawns
The third in so many days
All tangled and bent
In the reality of living
Where did it lead me
Where will my peace come from
The steady breathing
In and out
In and out
In and out
Til I remember
I am Fearless
He has made me that way
And I rejoice
I'll say it again Rejoice
In the memory

Day four
A new light
A new dawn
Arise oh sleeper
In the darkness I sit
At His feet
Like Adam
I am dust
They cradle me
Breath into my nostrils
Filling the void
All three of them
The One
I Am
The three in one
They cradle me
They remember me
And I am filled again
With love
Starting new
Like a fire
Fanned back into
An inferno

Now I breath again
Now I see
again
Now I taste
again
Now start
again
Always Listening
Smelling
Tasting
Waiting
For what has always been
In this half light
This dawn
Of this new day

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

this is really, really nice, Spence.