Monday, September 24, 2007

How can I be mad?


Last night P went to visit our Angolan friend Visoo. Visoo was part of our second ServetheCity that partnered with Start to Share. It was supposed to be a little Sunday afternoon coffee and chatting. Oh what a laugh. To think that anything will ever go the way we expect.
I expected that she would be gone a couple of hours. Instead, as you can see from the picture to the right, we ended up with a baby. Now my friend the Greggs had that happen. They ended up getting a baby when they didn't expect it. But theirs is still in womb. It's taking awhile. Ours came in one day. Technically she's not ours. See her mama is in Spain. She took a bus there to abort her 13 week old twins. I guess she didn't have any other options as to what she could do with her kids, because she left her 7 yr old, 4 yr old and 9 month old, Leticia, with her 15 year old nephew, who is in the 4th grade and feeding her Chorizo soup. WHAT?!?
So P call's and says she's bringing home baby Leticia. I, being so Christ like, responded WHAT!? She being very Jesus like said "We were just talking about what an amazing man you are and how well you would take this." I, in my Christ like fashion, responded "MMMMMM!!! Fine bring her home."
Which brings me to the car, which is in Lisbon, and not at my apartment...but maybe I'll share that part later. Right now Leticia is safe, not eating Chorizo soup and getting a lot of love from Tia (Aunt) P. Pray for Leticia's mama. Be Blessed and remember the widows and orphans.

4 comments:

Alana said...

lol! thats weird hehe! the baby is so cute tho :)

Beth said...

Paula never ceases to amaze me. I will keep Leticia and her family in my prayers.

jesus gypsies said...

you guys are so awesome to have taken little leticia in. she is such a beautiful baby :) i'm sure that it was hard to say good bye last night :(

Jenelle said...

do you still have the baby? this is crazy. amazing beautifulness. I love that you included P's hilarious answer to you on the phone. bless you guys