Wednesday, July 25, 2007

STC One Day Down



This picture is of Aldiea SOS the orphanage with 80 kids. It was the second of two projects that the Farmer family worked on today. The first was Casa Sol, the children's AIDS home for orphaned kids. In total we had about 30 people turn up for these two service project. It was wonderful to watch the outdoor court yard wall being transformed right before our eyes. Even though paint wasn't even applied yet, the improvement was drastic.

At one point I was inside Casa Sol, refilling water buckets to wash the walls. And two little girls, tiny little things, came around the corner to see what I was doing. They were the sweetest little things. Speaking my very broken Portuguese, I tried to share with them what I was doing. They attempted to correct my poor language skills. It was my favorite moment of the morning at Casa Sol.

I'll let Eden share a little about her day.

EDEN: I did some work spackling the walls. I was up on the ladder, and let me tell you working on ladders is not as easy as it looks. When I got home my feet hurt so much I wanted to scream because of my little friend called PAIN. At CASA SOL, I meet this cute little girl named Matricia,and at ALDEIA SOS I meet the cutest little puppy named Luna. While I was working I felt good seeing the kids smiles at Casa Sol.

So there it is, a brief up-date of our first day. I need to check in with the surfers and see how things went with the surf camp. I did see some of the kids dragging in as we were cleaning up. So I figure they had a great day. Will keep you up-dated as we progress toward the end of the week and towards greater exhaustion. I'm sure it will be well worth it, if this first day is any indicator.

Keep praying and be Blessed

No comments: