Tuesday, July 17, 2007

As I sit hear...


I'm listening to Charlie Dodrill and blogging in the dark. The cool of the night air is coming in through the sliding patio door. Somewhere down stairs I can hear the sound of chains as the cafe locks up their tables for the night. Kids and wife are tucked for the night. The dog's have been out.(plural dogs because were watching our friends dog Skitso. That's her name. She's very sweet.) I can't seem to go to bed before midnight anymore. So here I am thinking about life and wondering what to say.


We just had 2500 individual cereal boxes delivered to our garage the other day. The local Grocery store, Jumbo, is donating a bunch of food for the final get together. We're going to have a full blown surf camp. A couple has provided finances to cover the work being done at Casa Sol. People are starting to sign-up to serve. A local company is printing 80 t-shirts with the Serve the City logo and donating them. I am blown away. God is providing so much. It's crazy cool!


I wish that stupid street light outside would stop flashing on and off. The other day all the street lights on the street were on in the middle of the day. A few nights before there were none on during the night. I kind of feel like our street lights sometime. I'm shining like I'm supposed to, but maybe it's the wrong time or I'm blinking on and off. Ah well. This little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine. In the morning.


Blessings
PS Happy Birthday Dane. The picture is from the night we went to Lisboa and read my play. Praying for you all.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hey Farmer family, glad to hear that all is well. Keep shining that light.