Tuesday, July 31, 2007

All's Well that Ends Well



Well here we are, three days after SERVE THE CITY, LISBOA, and we seem to have survived. All I can say is WOW! We had sooooo much work, and sooooo many people showed up to give their time for these two orphanages. It was awesome.

On Saturday night we had a "Grande Fiesta". As I looked around at all the smiling faces, i realized what an amazing thing we had all just experienced together. There was lots of food, drink, music and dancing. Awards were given out to the kids from surf camp. We had a celebrity from one of the favorite TV shows there. The kids were laughing. We were laughing. And I think God was laughing as well. At least I imagine He was. How could he not?

In four days we were able to give surf lessons to 15 kids from ALDIEA SOS. Re-paint an enormous multi-purpose room, plus bathrooms and hall at ALDIEA SOS. Paint the outer two walls of the recreation room at ALDIEA SOS. Put up a shade for the play area at CASA SOL. And repaint the in side court yard and out side wall of CASA SOL. (See picture above) It was a very long wall.

Peoples lives were touched. Peoples lives were changed. And God showed up in really cool ways. We had moments where we weren't sure we were going to get it off the ground. There were times when I thought this thing isn't going to get done. Then were times when I thought I love this and I hate this, but when all is said and done, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Blessings

No comments: