Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Blue Grass and Ranch Dresing

Sometime a little bit of home feels really good. Today is one of those days. P's up visiting Nina. (Girls lunch date.) So the kids and I made Pork Chops on the grill.
I had recieved a package from my mom and Ish. It was some music CD's. One of which was Blue Grass Gospel. I don't usally listen to Gospel Blue Grass, but today is was comforting. Reminded me of being over at my dad's house on Sunday afternoons.
While I was cooking the pork chops, Eden reminded me that we had ranch dressing packets that her Nana had brought from the states. So we sat eatting pork chops, and green salad with ranch dressing, while we listened to Blue Grass musicfor lunch. Noah said it reminded him of when his Texas Grandma would visit. It was great.
I wasn't expecting it, but it sure was a nice little trip home for our ears and taste buds. If you'd like to take a little trip here in your mind, grill your self some fresh fish (leave the head on) and look at a picture of the Atlantic ocean. We'll leave a light on for ya;)

3 comments:

megan said...

Spence...ahhh...ranch dressing. I'm making pork chops and salad w/ranch tonight!
We are really looking forward to seeing you all in August-keep blogging, it's great to read about what's going on in Lisbon!

Laurie said...

Hey Farmers! Good to hear from you and find your blog .... Just wanted to let you know that the Cavin's (including the adorable Kaia whom I think you offered to buy from us!) are joining the ex-pat community (temporarily at least) on Aug 19th. We are headed for Durham, England for Robert's PhD. Hopefully we'll make it down to Lisbon to see ya while we are over there (3-4 years).

But, I do have a pic of us eating grilled fish (head on) in Salema, Portugal staring at the Atlantic .... I can see ya now:)

Love you all!

Laurie said...

Oh- yeah, Our blog is cavinfamily@wordpress.com