Monday, September 22, 2008

The First Week of School at CSA

I was going to put this photo furthur down but it ended up here and I'm not moving it. This is the drama/art room. Were going to leave it rustic like this. The kids and I like it that way. What kids you ask? The students at Corner Stone Academy. Yes we have students. This room also doubles as one of the changing rooms for the kids at lunch. They like to go swimming in the pool at lunch time. Yes we have a great big pool. Isn't that cool. Student and a pool! Keep reading and check out more pictures below.

It has been a crazy busy these last three weeks. I haven't even had time to think about anything except opening this school.Who would have thought that we could start a school in three months, but it happened. The first week has come and gone. We have 21 students and 5 full time teachers. The Lisboa Matrix kicked in hard with lots of service time to get this thing pulled together.
P is teaching high school and has 6 students. I get to teach drama and run the Truth for Youth time for the k-6th and EPIC for the Jr High/High School. Truth for Youth and EPIC are our spiritual development times once a week. It's so exciting to see things going. We still have more to do, but one step at a time.


So this is what the new school looks like. (Looking down the hall from up stairs.)

Fresh flowers to brighten up the entery way.




The high school room. (Emily, Haley, Christien, and Thiago)




The first grade room. (Liz, Lucas, and Josiah)



The 5th and 6th grade room. (Carie, Noah, Clara, Dani, and Olah)

What a blessing to see this thing going. Be Blessed and Study Hard. (More to come)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'all have such a great team working together for this! Thanks for having me with you for the week - it was a much needed break from real life. Hope you're finding rest in your busy days!

p.s. be on the look-out for a package coming your way

Spence Farmer said...

Thanks Ashley, we enjoyed our time with you. Glad you feel rested. I can't wait to see what comes.

Unknown said...

Nice work, Farmers. Looks like the school idea is going forward! Thought about you all last week when Shawna, the kids and I were in Gig Harbor/Puget Sound for my brother's wedding.

It was great seeing you this summer. God bless.
Joel

Spence Farmer said...

Thanks Joel. We had a great time seeing you as well. Lucky dog getting to go to the Sound. I was just telling our story to Ashley the other night. Blessings (How's work?)

jesus gypsies said...

Praise God! I was praying for you guys all last week- it is so cool to see God bring this to fruition- now we just need to keep praying for more students!!! I can only imagine how much work you put in to this. we just bought our tickets to come to portugal at christmas. see you then!

lisa said...

the school is SO beautiful! i am so happy for you guys. yes, Lord, more students!

andi said...

Hey guys,

I wish I were 16 again then I could attend your school;)

I told my 15 year old sister about it though cause she was thinking of a year abroad. She would totally fit in.

London starts to rock. Thanks for encouragement and may you dwell in the secret place of the most high!

p.s.: that's my blog: http://andisbuntewelt.blogspot.com/