Thursday, March 27, 2008

It's the Simple Things

The kitchen is warm and smells like fresh cook tortillas. If you could feel the joy that we felt when I cooked up this batch of tortillas...well let's just say that I made them last night and again tonight, except tonight I made burritos. Last night we ate them with butter and cheese. Tonight I made salsa, and beans to go with them.
One of the things I remember about the first few months we moved over here was the lack of pleasure I found in eating, nothing tasted yummy. But these tortillas were out of this world. (If I do say so myself) They were the right texture, the right color, the right consistency and the right flavor. They are also the right price. Flour, milk, oil, baking powder, and salt are all affordable in the quantities it calls for. What a treat. Thank you cooks.com, that's where I got the recipe. So we may get sick of tortillas and never want to eat another one, but who cares, right now were loving it.
All you folks in So Cal enjoy your Mexican food and Be Blessed

3 comments:

Steve said...

Yummm! I can taste em'. =)

Spence Farmer said...

Oh they were good.

Anonymous said...

Here in the UK we had Balti Saag Gosht Lamb last night (traditional British dish) - wonderful!