Thursday, January 17, 2008

One Goose Short


Well it's been a week now that we have been with out Mother Goose. She flew back to the California last week to do some support raising and connecting with people like you. Hope all you So Cal folks get a chance to say hi while she's there.
It's always a challenge to be apart for long periods of time. This one will be just over three weeks. Which I think will be the longest that we will have had to survive with out our beloved wife and mother. Yes the house is a little messy and the food we eat is a little simpler. (We had bacon and eggs for dinner last night.) But we are making it. I think P was a little worried we might starve to death in her absence.
The worst part was that I came down with some super death bug thing the day after she left. Fever, night sweats, crazy dreams about little boxes that I swear were real, coughing my guts up, body aches and I don't know what else. I still have the cough, but I am much better. Our community here really helped out. Rob and Nina had us up to their house in Sintra, for dinner last Friday night and Terri brought over Lasagna Sat. night. Thank you God for giving us these people. I think were going to make it.
Well this getting back in the saddle with my blog has been a chore, but I think I did it. Stay tuned for more. Same bat time, same bat channel. Same Bat Blessings

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so nice to read you again :o).

~maureen

Unknown said...

Cool new pics!

Anonymous said...

I don't know why the last comment came up as Triplet...it wasn't, it was me :-)

Beth said...

sorry to hear you weren't well. when will Mother Goose be in Texas?

Spence Farmer said...

I'm not sure Mama Goose is going to make it there this trip. But when we are home this summer on a 6 week furlogh (is that how you spell that?) we will be come to see y'all. She pretty booked up in So Cal this trip.