Friday, January 18, 2008

Jesus Didn't Have Blond Hair



This is my buddy Ezzy. He is little and full of energy. He has one of the greatest smiles and I just love him. He's a little super hero/cave man/rock star in training.

Last night his mom and dad had the kids and I over for dinner before worship circle practice. For those who don't know worship circle is where anyone in our community can come and work on their worship skills. I'm learning to play guitar. Others are working on their vocal skills. Some are master musicians. Others, lets just say were getting there. So every other Thursday night were go to Jason and Linda Greggs house to have worship circle.

So last night were having dinner with them and I don't remember what exactly happened but Ezzy thanked me and his Mom for something. "Thanks you mama. Thank you Him." He speaks in that almost impossible to understand baby language that only a parent can decipher. "Thank you him." It was cute. So Linda says "Ezzy what's his name." And without a moments hesitation Ezzy say "Jesus" A moment of being stunned then Linda says again "What's his name?" No hesitation "Jesus" We just about bust a gut laughing.

I have had a beard for awhile. And it is my goal to emulate the Teacher, but that is way to much pressure. It did give me a cool thought. What Ezzy wants is for Jesus to pick him up and make growling monster faces, and chase him around, and let him stick plastic samurai swords in his stomach. Ezzy wants Jesus to play with him and be his friend. And I am his friend (but I'm not Jesus) Jesus said "Let the little children come." and "Come like children" Well I'm going to try to remember that, to come with out inhibitions, to be Jesus friend. Sure He's a lot bigger and stronger and more powerful than me, but He likes me, just like I like Ezzy. We're friends. Be like a child, and Be Blessed

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how much I'd like to join that worship circle...

Spence Farmer said...

How much I wish you lived closer. Alas

Anonymous said...

hey spancer i like that testamoni you say
[And I am his friend (but I'm not Jesus)]
and i think ezzy is right because he see's Jesus in you
love & blessings
peter

Anonymous said...

Hey, have you heard that song that Jason Upton wrote with his son: "Jesus are you still on the cross or are you feeling better, wont you come down and play with me..." Your blog made me think of that song

Unknown said...

I've been thinking about you guys a lot lately, and praying. After reading your post (Presssing On) I can see why the Lord brought you to mind. You are significant in my book. We all have dry times, when the bridegroom seems far away. But He's still with us. we are Dark but lovely to the Lord. (Song of Songs). I have muttered the same phrase "Now is the Winter of OUr discontent" many times recently, ironic we were in the same play together in Texas. I am considering a job change, and have interviewed for a few positions. Even the local Utilities company. I am going on too long for a blog post/comment! Miss you guys. Hope to chat soon.
With Love from Above.
Joel