Monday, February 2, 2009

My Strength has been Faithened

I know, where the heck have I been. Well I have been here, but I've barely been keeping my nose above water for the last month. It seems like this life is never going to just stabilize. In a way I'm really glad about that because something in me hates the same old same old. But on the other hand it would be nice to figure out how thing are going to function so I could get a little rhythm going. I am hoping that we have hit a period of smoother sailing for a period of time.

This last month has been a time of being in the refiners fire. And baby did He have that thing kicked up to full blast. There were a couple of times I was sure I was just going to be completely melted away. It was intense. Having come out of the other side of it I can say my strength has been faithened. (That was a type-o but I'm gonna keep it like that because I like it.)

Here's a few thoughts I had after I cooled down:
1. I'm a mess. (I thought by 40 I would have it together.)
2. So I'm a mess, I like me.
3. Other people like too.
4. Other people don't have to like me. (But it's OK if they do.)
5. I am stronger than that stupid lying little voice in my head.
6. God is better at being faithful that I am. (Thank God)
7. Why am I amazed when prayer works?
8. Cooking's an artistic outlet and can be fun. (Does that seem random in this list? It's not for me)
9. It's one thing to know there will be trials and another to live them out.
10. Life is the whole pie, not just a slice.

So I'm back blogging (Thanks Mo and Wit) and maybe your there, or maybe not, but what ever the case, I'm going to keep on keeping on. I am going to stick my face in the pie of life and continue to be some kind of mess until He perfect me. (And you can shut-up little nasty voice that's trying to keep me from sticking my whole face in!)
Enjoy the journey, Be Blessed and get some Key Lime up your nose.

5 comments:

jesus gypsies said...

i was so excited to see a new post today! i have been checking regularly, but figured that things have been a bit "busy" for you :) glad you are back !!!!

Anonymous said...

YOU'RE BACK!! (I check everyday-it's a sickness...) Seriously, so glad to see a post. I've been praying for you all, but it really helps to know how and what you're doing, so thanks. And YOU be blessed:)

Cindy W

Anonymous said...

That's the Spence I love... the very real one. Who wants any other? Not me.

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...

~mo

Whitney said...

Yay for sticking your face in the pie of life!!!

Let's have a pie fight when I get back! (which is some time this summer...)

How are P, E, and N doing? Say hi to them for me!
Oh, and how are the pets doing?

Praying for you guys!
Have a great week!

Beth said...

I love that. "My strength has been faithened."

Glad you are back