Friday, August 15, 2008

Arrivals and Departures

When your living life as a Wild Goose on the field, you start to realise that the migration of people you love will become a natural part of the rhythm of your life, a painful reality. You also realise that you can't say good-bye over and over and over again or pretty soon you will have given your heart away bit by bit in little pieces, and so you don't say good-bye. You say see you soon.

But this time I couldn't help it. I had given a piece of my heart away to the Gregg family and they have taken it with them to Morocco. I am sure that this is the right move for them and yet it is still painful. They were such a joy to have around day to day here in Portugal. Their hopefulness was contagious. Their joy was inspirational. Linda Gregg is a beautiful, warm woman with a heart as big as Europe. She was an important part of seeing this school getting started even as she prepared to launch into the unknown. Jason Gregg is a rock, steady and cool in every situation. Leading his family with a tender warriors heart. The Lisboa Matrix will miss them, all 6 of them. They are the Jesus Gypsy's. Check out their blog on my blog roll to the right. I had to put this wonderful picture of Ezra up for you to see. That smile is what all of their hearts are like. Ezzy, Elisa, Sophia, and Elianah (sorry if I spelled her name wrong Linda) we will miss you dearly.

And so I am off with the teams that have arrived from the states, to serve the city of Lisbon with a little hole in my heart that is shaped like the Gregg family. Be Blessed Gregg's and we will be blessed too. See you soon.

1 comment:

jesus gypsies said...

Thanks Spence- I needed to shed a few tears. We are missing you guys equally- if not more. Hoping we will see you all at Christmas time!