Sunday, June 22, 2008

As I Sit in the Denver Ramada Inn


I am getting ready to go to bed after having visited with my buddy Joel this evening. Joel and his family took us to The Cheese Cake Factory. We had a awesome visit. What a beautiful family. It was so great to see him. We've been friends for about 20 years. (No way!) We love you Kneedlers. Thanks for letting us living in your house for the last few days.
This morning we were introduced and shared briefly about Portugal with Foot Hills Community Church, one of our supporting churches. Very cool church. Very cool people. We really felt at home with them.
Ok you want to know about the picture. Well first let me say thanks Beth and Nathan. We had a blast. This picture was taken yesterday on the Royal Gorge River. We were treated to a wonderful white water rafting trip. If I could share with you the joy we felt doing this I would, but I can't put it in words.
It was an hour of bumpy, splashing, stick your head down into the on coming wave and paddle, whoa are we going under, WHOAAAAA YEAHHH!!!, kind of fun.
Before they let you go, there is all this scary "you could get hurt doing this" paper work to fill out and an unsettling "here's what to do if you end up under the boat" speech, plus there was the flipped over boat that we saw come rolling down the river before we launched. But none of that would deter the fearless crew.
We bounced down the river for an hour and in the end arrived safe, wet and happy at our destination. Memories never to be forgotten. Tomorrow we get up at the crack of dawn and head to California. And to think were all ready 1/3 of the way done with our trip. WHAT?
Be Blessed

2 comments:

Beth said...

oh my gosh, that looks fun and exciting and a little bit scary.
I am recovering fast, too tired to do much, just well enough to wish I could have been there.

jesus gypsies said...

hey, looks like you guys are having WAY too much fun... and BTW, thanks for mentioning the Cheesecake Factory- I had completetly forgotton about that place until you now mentioned it! Now thanks to reading your blog... I am really wanting to go there!!! glad you're all able to enjoy :) love you guys and miss ya like crazy!!!