Saturday, February 16, 2008

Reality Check

When there is nothing on AXN, (That's the channel with CSI Las Vegas/Miami/New York, Criminal Minds, ER, Life, etc.) we will check out the discovery channel. The whole channel is dubbed in Portugese but on some shows, such as Myth Busters, you can kind of hear the english underneath. We like Myth Busters. Not only can you kind of understand them, but they do all sorts of cool stuff. They smash things and blow things up and shoot things and all of this is done simi-scientficly.

The two hosts are these crazy guys Adam and Jamie. Paula thinks Jamie looks like a scarey cat creature. He has this massive crazy mustache and always wears a black beret with a white shirt. Adam likes to wear black t-shirts with pithy saying on them. One of them is a stick figure guy falling over, the caption reads, "I do all my own stunts". I like that shirt.

Last night he was wearing a black t-shirt that had white lettering that read."I reject your reality, and I substitute my own" Anyhow I started thinking about the saying and the whole idea of reality. How do we deal with this idea his shirt was proclaiming and what is MY reality?

Jesus said LOVE was the greatest thing. He didn't say being super spiritual or powerful or anything else was the greatest. It was love. That was his command to his band of brothers. "Love one another as I have loved you." Love wildly, freely, at all cost. This is the reality I need to substitute. God is love. I am identified with God. I live in Christ and He lives in me. His Spirit guides me. I am Jesus to those around me. "For God so loved the world...that he sent Jesus" And "For Jesus so loved the world ...that He sent me." So my reality is to love, no matter the sacrifice. No matter the cost.

Maybe I need to make my own t-shirt that says something like this, "I reject your reality and substitute it with LOVE." Maybe I can start by living it. Be Blessed. Be Loved.

No comments: